Production, Archiving and Photo Management
Merlin is designed for today’s demanding digital asset rich publishing environments: one place to manage and archive all content for both print and multimedia, one place to share content across a department or enterprise and one source to repackage content for new uses and revenue.
- Manage thousands or millions of objects
- Use fast, precise search tools
- Create easy, flexible, drag-and-drop workflows
- Version control to manage updated items
- Link associated objects
- Search video by the spoken word
- Import RAW camera files
- Modern browser client
- Build huge enterprise-scale configurations or focused departmental solutions
- Rely on MSync fault tolerance or let us host
- And much more…
Merlin Photo Management Software is configurable, flexible and extensible, and will let you handle both print and multimedia file formats:
- Photos: JPEG, TIFF, PSD, RAW and others
- Graphics: TIFF, EPS or native formats like Illustrator™ or Freehand™
- PDF files with full-text indexing and searchable content
- Multimedia files such as QuickTime™, MP3, WAV, AVI
- Text as ascii, XML, SGML, and HTML
- Video formats with the Merlin Video Picture Desk System
The Merlin Photo Management System supports metadata standards like IPTC and XMP. Merlin uses SQL databases running off-the-shelf operating systems and standard hardware platforms. Users can access content from any web browser, and power-users creating and maintaining content can use the Merlin rich client application on a Macintosh™ or Windows™ computer. The Merlin Photo Management System fits easily into almost any IT environment.
MSync assures a fault-tolerant system
Merlin’s MSync software solves the need to have a highly fault-tolerant system, even one which has geographically dispersed components. Using intelligent replication, all picture desk data between two or more hardware systems (independent CPU and disk storage on each) is completely redundant. It accommodates asymmetrical hardware selection and MSync does not require enterprise versions of database or operating system software, significantly reducing the total cost of ownership. With MSync, if the primary server hardware fails, the secondary server takes over and users continue working as if nothing has happened. Once the primary server is back on line, the secondary system syncs it up, and operation returns to normal.
One photo management software solution.
In addition to the fully-licensed Merlin Photo Management System, we offer a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), hosted version of the same robust digital asset management tools.
Learn more about the Merlin Hosted Photo Management Software.