A Fully Redundant Digital Asset Management System Without the Hardware Investment
All of the features of the Merlin Digital Asset Management system in a Software-as-a-Service (SAAS), hosted solution.
What does that mean? It means we supply all the hardware (computers and storage), all the connectivity, and all the IT support. The systems are housed in a top-notch data center with redundant power sources including generators, multiple internet backbones, redundant air conditioning, and biometric security. Want to learn more? Check out our Hosted FAQs.
Let our world-class support staff serve you the best digital asset management software on the market at a lower cost than you can achieve internally. All you do is log in and start working!
With the Hosted Digital Asset Management System you can:
- Manage thousands or millions of objects
- Use fast, precise search tools
- Create easy, flexible, drag-and-drop workflows
- Version control to manage updated items
- Link associated objects
- Search video by the spoken word
- Import RAW camera files
- Global access using a new, modern browser client
- Build huge enterprise-scale configurations or focused departmental solutions
- Fully fault-tolerant with guaranteed service levels
- And much more…
The Merlin Digital Asset Management system is configurable, flexible and extensible, and will let you handle both print and web file formats:
- Photos including JPEG, TIFF, PSD, RAW and others
- Graphics including TIFF, EPS or native formats like Illustrator™ or Freehand™
- PDF files with full-text indexing and searchable content
- Multimedia files such as QuickTime™, MP3, WAV, AVI
- Text as ascii, XML, SGML, and HTML
- Searchable video repository with Merlin Video Asset Management
Merlin supports most metadata standards including IPTC and XMP. Merlin uses SQL databases running off-the-shelf operating systems and standard hardware platforms. Users can access content from any web browser, and power users, creating and maintaining content, can use the Merlin rich client application on a Macintosh™ or Windows™ computer. The Merlin digital asset management system fits easily into almost any IT environment.
For more information about Merlin Hosted Digital Asset Management please visit the hosted frequently asked questions page.
If you’re interested in a fully-licensed version, learn more about the Merlin Digital Asset Management system.